"WATTYL SATISFACTION GUARANTEE” OFFER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Instructions on how to claim and the Rebate (as defined below) form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this offer is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. This offer is not valid in conjunction with any other offer (to the extent permitted by law).
- This offer is only open to New Zealand residents aged 18 years or over. This offer is valid for individual (retail) consumers only. Claims from groups, clubs, organisations, companies, and/or businesses will not be deemed valid for the purposes of this offer. Purchases made using a trade account or based on trade pricing will not be valid for the purposes of this offer.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this offer are ineligible to claim. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin
- Offer commences on 01/07/23 and all purchases must be made by close of business on 01/07/2025 (“Purchase Period”). Claims open on 01/07/23 and final claims close at 11:59pm AEST on 31/07/2025 (“Claim Period”).
- To be eligible for this offer and to claim a Rebate (as defined below), individuals must purchase a minimum of one (1) four (4) Litre can of Wattyl Interior or Exterior Paint (“Eligible Paint”) from any authorised Wattyl stockist during the Purchase Period (“Initial Transaction”). Wattyl stains are not included. Wattyl sample pots are not included. Individuals who are then unsatisfied with the colour of their Eligible Paint purchased as part of their Initial Transaction may request a rebate (“Rebate“) for the amount paid for their Initial Transaction as shown on their purchase receipt up to the maximum value of 2 x 4L of Paint.
To claim a Rebate, individuals must undertake the following steps:
- Paint a sample of their Eligible Paint on an interior wall or an outside surface to determine that they are not satisfied with the colour;
- Within thirty (30) days of the date shown on their receipt for their Initial Transaction (and during the Purchase Period), purchase the same volume of Eligible Paint products (“Replacement Paint”) in a single transaction from any authorised Wattyl stockist (“Replacement Transaction”). Replacement Paint must be the same size can/s as the Eligible Paint purchased in their Initial Transaction in order to be eligible to submit a claim. For clarity, an individual cannot purchase a 10L Eligible Paint product in their Initial Transaction and then purchase a 4L Replacement Paint product and qualify for this offer;
- Paint a sample of their Replacement Paint from their Replacement Transaction on the same interior wall or an outside surface adjacent to the Eligible Paint from their Initial Transaction;
- Take a colour photograph showing both colours from their Eligible Paint and their Replacement Paint side by side (“Photo”); and then
- During the Claim Period and within thirty (30) days of the date shown on their receipt for their Replacement Transaction, visit https://wattyl.co.nz/guarantee/ and complete the Rebate Request Form (in full) including uploading the below items when promoted and providing their bank details for the purposes of awarding the Rebate:
- The Photo;
- The purchase receipt from their Initial Transaction; and
- The purchase receipt from their Replacement Transaction
- Claimants must retain their original receipts for both their Initial Transaction and their Replacement Transaction as proof of purchase. Failure to produce the proof of purchase when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of a claimant’s claim and forfeiture of any right to a Rebate. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly specify the store of each purchase and that each purchase was made during the Purchase Period and prior to submitting a claim.
- Only one (1) claim is permitted per household.
- Every valid claim received during the Claim Period and within thirty (30) days of the date shown on the receipt for the Replacement Transaction, subject to verification, will be awarded a Rebate via EFT into the claimant’s nominated account (as listed on their Rebate Request Form) for the amount paid for the Eligible Paint in their Initial Transaction as shown on their purchase receipt and up to a maximum value of 2 x 4 Litres of Paint. Claimants must ensure that their bank details are correct at the time of submitting their Rebate Request Form. The Promoter is not responsible for any EFT Payments made on the basis of incorrect bank details provided. Claimants should allow up to 60 days for your claim to be processed. Successful claimants will be notified by email.
- Claimants are not required to return their Eligible Paint from their Initial Transaction in order to process their claim and returns for this purpose are not permitted / accepted. Disposal of unused Eligible Paint and/or Replacement Paint products are the responsibility solely of the claimant.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of claims and claimant’s (including a claimant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the claim process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the offer. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- Incomplete or indecipherable claims will be deemed invalid.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of a claimant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the claimant.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If for any reason a claimant does not take a Rebate by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the Rebate will be forfeited.
- Rebates, or any unused portion of a Rebate, are not transferable or exchangeable.
- Claimants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a successful claimant (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this offer (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If this offer is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any claimant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the offer, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the claimant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Consumer Guarantees Act. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the offer.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in Rebate value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a claimant; or (f) use of the Rebate
Replacement Paint products cannot be purchased in the same transaction as the Eligible Paint products purchased as part of the Initial Transaction and must be purchased in a separate transaction. Replacement Paint products do not need to be purchased from the same authorised Wattyl stockist as their Initial Transaction. Eligible Paint products and Replacement Paint products are any Wattyl Interior and/or Exterior paint. A claim for a Rebate for any other paint will not be accepted.
The Promoter is Hempel (Wattyl) New Zealand Limited NZBN: 942 904 073 3692 4-14 Patiki Road, Avondale.